NJSPRA Special Event
With hate/bias incidents on the rise in our country, and particularly in New Jersey, school districts are desperately in need of more resources regarding such events. In this full-day event, school leaders will learn the latest trends in hate group recruitment/behaviors, how to improve the climate and culture in schools, and effective communications with stakeholders before, during or after an event takes place.
This event is FREE to attend. RSVP is required. Space is limited. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Pre-registration is required, including for existing NJSPRA members.
DATE: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: The College of New Jersey, School of Education, 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing, NJ 08628
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Breakfast and registration
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Dean Suzanne McCotter, The College of New Jersey, School of Education
- Lori Perlow, New Jersey School Public Relations Association President
- Dr. Lamont Repollet, New Jersey Department of Education, Commissioner of Education
Panel Presentation - Facilitated by Alicia D'Anella, Comegno Law Group
- Rachel Wainer Apter, Office of the Attorney General, Director of the Division on Civil Rights
- Alex Rosemberg, Anti-Defamation League New York/New Jersey, Director of Community Affairs
- Dr. Erik Gundersen, Pascack Valley Regional High School District, Superintendent
- Jeff Gale, New Jersey Department of Education, Office of School Safety and Preparedness
11:40 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:40 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions (Details to follow.)
1:40 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions (Details to follow.)